I’m sitting here in my office on Monday morning, making a mental list of all of the random things I have to do.
- Call the Gynecologist for an annual awful visit.
- Call my Dermatologist.
- Since I opened my giant tub of yogurt today, I need to write down my calendar five days from now when I need to throw it out, per instructions.
- Write down when I’m going to babysit my nephew.
- Ask my grandma to borrow her pressure cooker.
- Dice up the chicken I will be using in said pressure cooker.
- Watch my nephew.
Silently, and without any facial expression, I laugh at myself. I’m not going to write down on my calendar when to throw out my yogurt. I know for a fact I will not finish the whole tub in five days. The last tub of yogurt expired December 28th 2018. I realized this after I was eating it, on February 8th 2019. I was fine though.
I know I am not making any doctor appointments today, especially ones that I entirely loathe going to. I also know that I’m not going to make any actual lists, because I know I’m not going to do anything besides what I most definitely have to do.
- Polite small talk
- Babysit nephew
This isn’t a super happy post. I have no remedy today on how to make your life better or how to do the thing you’ve been putting off that you know you really need to do.
This is just a post. It’s a Monday-and-my-life-is-changing-rapidly post. It’s a I-can’t-keep-up kind of post. It’s just a I’m-trying kind of post.
Life goes on and we continue with it, forever onward.